The Chatham MBA consists of 36 credits separated into three parts:
- Eight (8) core courses which provide students with detailed coverage of the advanced business knowledge and critical skills that are most in demand by employers (24 credits)
- Three (3) courses associated with the concentrations (9 credits)
- A challenging business consulting project in the MBA capstone (3 credits)
- Fall Recommended Deadline – July 1*
- *Rolling admission for Fall entry until August 1
- Spring Recommended Deadline – November 1
Applicants to the MBA program must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions for review:
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Admissions Materials may be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Fax: (412) 365-1609
International Applicants to the MBA program must submit additional documentation to the Office of Admissions.
A list of these documents can be found on the International Admission web pages.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- *If admitted, you can take these courses before the start or in conjunction with the start of the MBA program.
After verifying that the minimum academic requirements are met, the program utilizes a holistic approach in reviewing the candidate’s entire application. This process is intended to seek talented and qualified individuals of all backgrounds. Taking multiple factors into consideration during our admissions process positively achieves the educational benefits of a student body that is both diverse and academically excellent. This approach includes an evaluation of each candidate’s academic achievement as well as their personal characteristics, attributes and experiences.
Applicants will be informed by the Office of Admissions about whether or not they have been accepted into the MBA program.
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.
In master’s level programs, knowledge of the key content areas of business is assumed. Students without previous business courses take the Prerequisite Courses. Graduates of master’s level programs should acquire a depth of knowledge in these areas that exceeds that of the typical bachelor’s degree graduate. Graduates of the MBA program should be able to demonstrate that they possess business-specific content outcomes and business-related professional skills outcomes.
Graduates of the MBA program will be able to:
- Communicate professionally as a business leader both orally and in writing to bridge diverse perspectives, cultures, and disciplines
- Analyze ethical implications of business practices using advanced levels of ethical reasoning
- Perform strategic analysis effectively
- Apply quantitative methods to business problem solving
- Assess global opportunities and challenges for business growth
- Collaborate effectively as a business leader
- In-depth Knowledge for specific MBA concentrations:
- Entrepreneurial Leadership and Strategy- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and techniques to lead entrepreneurial and strategic ventures
- Healthcare Management- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and techniques to manage healthcare operations effectively and efficiently
- Project Management- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently
- Supply Chain Management- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and techniques to manage supply chain operations effectively and efficiently
- Sustainability- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and techniques to lead sustainable businesses and organizations
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes